Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Video Game Backgrounds




 
-Over the past few months a had a great opportunity to be part of a team of game designers, animators, and artists. I learned about the process in creating a video game, animation, textures, maya, and much more. I was the background artist. My job was to take the ideas of the art director and create a look and feel for the game. These background were then given to the 3D modelers and they would create the actual platforms that the characters in the game would move about on. 
-Color is very important in creating a story/feel of an environment. Some environments I wanted to be more mystical and slightly creepy wile others I wanted them to be more bright and to show the intensity of the sun beating down. (This is 4 of the 8 backgrounds I painted for this project.)

1 comment:

  1. Nice to read your article! I am looking forward to sharing your adventures and experiences.
    myhackscheatsgames

    ReplyDelete